[Soc-coordination] Improvements to Debian search - Report 10

Aarsh Shah aarshkshah1992 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 04:41:54 UTC 2013

                                *Improvements to Debian Search - Report 10
*
 *
*
Mentors : Olly Betts and Dan Colish

*Work I am doing right now:
*

   - I got a lot of good feedback from my mentor this week and I worked on
   it and changed my code accordingly so as to get it merged.
   - I also made some functions deprecated so that some old xapian code can
   be compatible with the new API.

*Work I will do in the next week:*

   - I will continue working on more feedback my mentor will give me about
   my code.
   - I really hope that the entire code gets merged by the end of the week.
   - I will also get query expansion mechanism integrated into Omega which
   I could not do lat week as I had to work on a lot of good feedback that my
   mentor gave me about my code.
   - All my mentor's comments about my code and the changes I made in
   response to that can be found here :-

   https://github.com/xapian/xapian/pull/24

   -Regards
   -Aarsh