[Soc-coordination] [GSoC Students] Pencils down date and other information

Sukhbir Singh azadi at debian.org
Sun Sep 15 22:42:16 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

First of all: thank you for sending your reports regularly!

A couple of quick announcements:

- As per the GSoC calendar [0], September 16 is the "suggested pencils
down" date. It is recommended that you spend the last week to scrub
code, write tests, improve documentation, etc. Or you can just continue
working as you normally did -- both of the options are OK.

[0] -
http://www.google-melange.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2013/help_page

- September 23 is the firm "pencils down" date. Your coding period ends
and you have to submit the final evaluation by September 27 and then
later submit the code samples to Google. We will tell you how to proceed
when the time comes.

- The final report is to be submitted by September 23 (Monday) instead
of the usual Friday deadline.

In addition to your usual report, please include a 3-5 line summary
about what you did and what you achieved. We will be using this summary
for doing a global GSoC report for the Debian Project, so that the
others can come to know what amazing stuff you worked on during the summer!

If you have any questions, please ask here or in #debian-soc on
irc.debian.org.

--
Sukhbir, for the Debian GSoC admins