[Soc-coordination] [The OpenJDK and Debian] Summary

Shuxiong Ye yeshuxiong at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 01:27:19 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Summary for the project:

The first goal of the project is to finish the transition to Java7, which
includes rebuild of the archive(done by Sylvestre), comparing build log
between openjdk6 and openjdk7, picking up those failing package, bugs
report
and fixing.

The second goal of the project is to package openjdk8, which seems to be too
difficult for me, and I give up packaging then. After talking with Benda, I
will continue the packaging after GSOC.

Then another goal of the project, proposed by Sylvestre, is to build a Java
static analyzer based on Léo's work, which includes packaging findbugs(Java
Static Analyzer[1]) and its dependency(findbugs-bcel[2], jformatstring[3]),
and
firehose exporter for findbugs[4].

Findbugs has some license issues and need to be solved by the upstream.
Packaging of its dependency is finished, and changes of firehose exporter
for
findbugs is merged.

Thanks for the help of Sylvestre and all other people. I appreciate the
chance
paticipating debian's GSOC project and learn a lot during the project. Thank
you.

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-java/findbugs.git;a=summary
[2] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-java/findbugs-bcel.git;a=summary
[3] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-java/jformatstring.git;a=summary