[Soc-coordination] [GSoC Students] Welcome to GSoC 2014.

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre at debian.org
Fri Apr 25 21:56:45 UTC 2014

Hello all,

Congratulation to all of you. As every year, the competition to get
selected was hard but you made it!

Now, a few things we would like you to door know:

1) Please subscribe to the soc-coordination mailing list:
The list isour official communication channel for all things related to
the GSoC, and this mail is the last time we will contact you individually.

2) Please send us *privately* (sylvestre at debian.org, olasd at debian.org) a
telephone number or another way to contact you "offline". We hope to not
have to use it, but we need to be able to reach you in case of an emergency.

3) If you have a blog, please send us the URL to the RSS feed. We will
add it to Planet Debian ( http://planet.debian.org/) for you, and we'll
let you know so that you can introduce yourself and your project.

4) DebConf 14 (http://debconf14.debconf.org/) is going to take place in
Portland, USA this year, right at the end of the GSoC coding period.
Google can sponsor some students to attend to the event. If you are
interested to attend, just let us and your mentorsknowASAP (via private
mail, no need to spam everyone) so that we can coordinate your
attendance with the DebConf team and the Google program administrators.

5) During the coding period, we will require you to send a weekly report
on what you have donefor the week,and what you are planning to do next.
It should take an hour max to write. You don't have to go
intomuchdetail. However, missingthose weekly reports will very badly
reflect on your evaluations (you will be failed).

That's all for now! Time to get back to bonding with your mentors. If
you have any issue, don't hesitate to send us a mail or poke us on IRC.

Cheers,
Sylvestre & Nicolas