[Soc-coordination] [GSoC 2014] Improve Debian port on mips/mipsel: Progress report week 11

Plamen Aleksandrov plamen at aomeda.com
Fri Aug 1 14:47:41 UTC 2014

This week I fixed two packages and also worked on several other.

hyperic-sigar
There is some platform-dependent code in this package with several cases. The platform detection didn't take MIPS into account and the wrong #ifdef branch of the code was executing. This branch contained macros unsupported on MIPS. I modified one of the headers so that MIPS is detected properly and the package now builds fine. The package should also build on MIPSel now.

tiptop
This package invokes some system calls directly by their number. However the numbers were not defined for MIPS and as a result the build failed with undefined macro error. I added the required macro definitions for MIPS and now the package builds. The patch I created should also fix the MIPSel build.

The package ergo built on my system without any changes so I believe it just builds too slowly for the automated debian build system.

I am also working on the packages ola, libcutl and sagan, but so far I have not been able to fix any of them.

Plamen