[Soc-coordination] Status Report for Packaging elementary Software, Week 11

Shnatsel . shnatsel at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 19:56:55 UTC 2014

Dear Princess Celestia,

This week I learned to double-check the output of "lintian -E -i -I
--pedantic <changes file>" before upload.

I also wrote a script for rapid iteration on the said command that builds
the binary and (optionally) source packages without modifying the working
directory, which can be found at http://pastebin.com/1nvHWYTU

By wielding the said the script I have packaged Switchboard, the modular
settings hub of elementary OS fame. This involved two upstream changes:
 - Updating CMake modules (
https://code.launchpad.net/~pantheon-debian/switchboard/update-cmake-modules
)
 - Getting rid of RPATH (
https://code.launchpad.net/~shnatsel/switchboard/fix-rpath)

The package can be found at http://mentors.debian.net/package/switchboard

Also, "slingshot-launcher" package was reviewed by my mentor and uploaded
to the NEW queue, and "libunity" package was accepted by FTP masters to the
Debian archive.

Your faithful student in the Magic of Packaging,
--
Sergey "Shnatsel" Davidoff