[Soc-coordination] Status Report: ListArchive - week 12

Pali Rohár pali.rohar at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 19:53:12 UTC 2014

Hello,

this week I worked on more things. First I merged all remaining
changes/commits from my finished thesis into gsoc debian
repository. This includes changes in html style, fixes in sql
code and more small code fixes. Next I was working on rewriting
big CGI script to use html templates. I split code into more
template files and module which allows to change design of
archive pages easily without hacking perl code. Also now when
html generator in big module CGI.pm is not needed I changed it to
CGI::Simple. And this change - templates in separate files -
allowed me to do another important feature of archiving program -
ability to pregenerate html files (one for each email) to disk.
So parsing html templates is not needed every time, but only once
(e.g when adding email to archive). I added also option to cli
utility to generate files manually (so html files can be
regenerated after changing templates/style).

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar at gmail.com