[Soc-coordination] Call for Debian projects and mentors in the Google Summer of Code 2014

Antonio Terceiro terceiro at debian.org
Mon Feb 10 21:10:39 UTC 2014

[not subscribed to the list, please keep me in Cc:]

On Tue, Feb 04, 2014 at 10:44:33AM +0100, Nicolas Dandrimont wrote:
> If you have an idea for a project, please do TWO things:
>
>  - Publish the idea on the wiki page [2], filling out the template
>  - Drop us a mail on the coordination mailing-list [3,4]
>
> This two-step process helps us track project ideas and allows us to discuss the
> project proposals in detail (scope-wise and length-wise). You need to know (or
> remember) that the raw coding phase for GSoC only lasts eight weeks, and
> therefore plan the project accordingly.

I just wrote a proposal for a project related to debci:
https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2014/Projects/DebianContinuousIntegration

In the list of deliverables I added some of the major efforts that I see
for debci at the moment, which might be too much for a GSoC project. Can
Is it OK to decide on the exact scope together with the student at the
beginning of the project?

Thanks for coordinating this effort.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro at debian.org>