[Soc-coordination] Status Report of Improve Debian Port on Mips64el, Week 7

Sphinx Jiang yishanj13 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 17:09:10 UTC 2014

Sorry for the late report, I came on board for my job this week, I took me
some time. This week I follow the goal of last week, continue to work on
the packages failed on mips64el.

Fix packages:

#753983 ergo
This package fail on mips64el, but success on other architectures, for the
reason that in the source code mips64el attribute defined as calculating
attribute, when undefine the mips64el when the calculating attribut works.

#752596 Android-tools
This package I report the bug last long time ago, but not submit patch for
I am not familliar with unix c referencing problem. This week I tried the
compiling command with macro expend, and solve the problem, tested on
mips64el device.

#753052 binutils
This package I solved the default arch error before with the command with
ld, this time the other command as went wrong when default. I tried the
same solution which not work, and then change configure.in. There was still
version dependcy
problem to update the configure file, so I have to use a dirty way to
change the configure file, too. Now the patch has been accepted, and the
bug closed.

Test packages:
Many packages failed with lib API update, without the upstream rewrite the
code, maintaining level patch will not work. Many packages failed with the
buildlog pointing some problem like symbols, but when compile it locally,
the failure will now appear the same or even success. The more simple bug
fixed, the wired way the packages failed.

esys-particle/evolution-webcal

They both failed with the EDS new version not support, need the upstream
rewrite. Before they response and we discuss what I could do, I do not have
a plan for now.

gsql/g-wrap/gsoap/glob2/gluegen2
All of them failed with the stamp related target, but none of them failed
locally, some still pass with multi jobs. I could not handle them this
week, and without reproduce, the bug report will be non-sense.

Next week I will access as more as possible packages, and make sure how
different between the buildlog and local build. Classifying the bugs, and
solve the wired problem.