[Soc-coordination] Status Report. Project AppStream/DEP­11 for the Debian Archive. Week 8

Abhishek Bhattacharjee abhishek.bhattacharjee11 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 06:43:38 UTC 2014

Hi,
This week, I have changed the code to include metadata per architecture and
not per component.
So now the metadata is stored as

I have also enhanced the logic to find icons for a package, now I am able
to extract more icons than earlier.[1]

I have made changes to the db insertion, in case a binary is removed the
metadata is also removed along with it.

I am saving the screenshots and hashing them so that only the unique
screenshots are stored. Although, I haven't been able to test that part
properly.

This week, I have to make the fetching of icons more intelligent so that I
can store icons which is not present in .deb file by looking around in some
similar package for the icon.

[0] https://github.com/abhi11/dak/blob/master/dak/generate_metadata.py#L422
[1] https://github.com/abhi11/dak/blob/master/dak/generate_metadata.py#L342

Thanks