[Soc-coordination] Weekly Status Report for Elektra Configuration Merge

Ian Donnelly easyxtarget at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 17:17:15 UTC 2014

This week I have spent writing a new plugin for Elektra as well as beginning to write a tutorial for it. The plugin I am writing is a general plugin for all files. It reads in files like by line storing each line as a key. This will allow us to attempt a merge on conffiles that do not specify a plugin to use. Obviously this won't succeed most of the time but it should reduce the number of packages that prompt the user on upgrade. The tutorial will be for the community to be able to easily understand elektras plugin system and to be able to write their own plugins if they are needed. Additionally, I have identified some bugs in the merge code and we are in the process of fixing them and packaging a new release of Elektra with the merge code. Lastly, u have been researching dpkg and how to best patch it. Additionally I am researching the possibility of ucf integration.

Until next week,
Ian S. Donnelly
—
Sent from Mailbox