[Soc-coordination] Status Report for Packaging elementary Software, Week 8

Shnatsel . shnatsel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 10:16:48 UTC 2014

Status Report for Packaging elementary Software, Week 8

Due to the absence of upstream stable releases I'm continuing to make
preliminary packaging based on bzr snapshots.

I have completed packaging the elementary GTK theme. Tracking down
copyright information took quite a bit longer than I expected - turns
out designers aren't keen on keeping track of that kind of stuff for 7
years straight!
Since the theme is generally in good shape, I have finalized the
package and submitted it for review. It has passed my mentors review
and is now in the NEW queue.

As for the font download size issue described in the previous report,
I've been told by the maintainer of "texlive-fonts-extra" package to
create separate source packages for them and then request deletion of
the fonts from "texlive-fonts-extra". I have filed ITPs for the two
required fonts (bugs #754784 and #754785) and will most likely package
them after the suggested 'pencils down' date, since these are wishlist
items and are not directly in the scope of my project. The theme
package currently depends on either the two separate font packages or
"texlive-fonts-extra".

I have also prepared preliminary packaging for the elementary icon
theme, which can be found at
https://code.launchpad.net/~pantheon-debian/pantheon-debian/elementary-icon-theme
As of this writing it FTBFS with recent versions due to
"unrepresentable changes to source", likely caused by improper symlink
handling. On the bright side, the package should have proper copyright
information already!

Regards,
--
Sergey "Shnatsel" Davidoff