[Soc-coordination] [GSoC] Status Report: Java Project Dependency Builder

Andrew Schurman arcticwaters at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 17:49:21 UTC 2014

Hey guys,

This week my goal was to finish Ant support and it is almost complete.
I got to test it out on a few different ant projects taking into
consideration the different ways that they could be build. Suffice to
say, this was where most of my effort was spent because there are no
standards for Ant and everything is configurable. As part of this
feature, I've also begun dealing with nonfree artifacts. Class files
which were checked in are removed and jar files are replaced with one
that is built from the plugin. This may cause builds to fail, but it
would be up to the user to handle this case manually and rebuild. The
last thing to do before I push my changes is to start tracking these
modifications in a local git repository so that removed files can be
revived if necessary.

Next week, its on to the -sources.jar builder.

Until next week!

Cheers,
Andrew