[Soc-coordination] week 10

Juliana Louback juliana.m.louback at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 17:01:29 UTC 2014

Status report - WebRTC portal for the Debian community

Week 10

I continued my work on the xTuple - JScommunicator integration. I created a
SIP account extension for xTuple, the code can be found on my github repo:
https://github.com/JLouback/xtuple-extensions/tree/sip_ext

xTuple's architecture uses model based business objects for the assortment
of features and components. My idea was to modify the existing User Account
business object in xTuple to include the necessary data for a SIP account
instead of a completely new business object. This approach would provide a
better link between accounts as the idea is to install resiprocate on the
xTuple server. This was a little more difficult than it appeared to be as
there currently wasn't a very defined modus operandi for this particular
move, as I'd be 'modifying' an existing component without changing the code
for said component itself. Creating an entirely new component would have
been easier but would lose design value.

In sum, I did finally get to create my extension and now I'm working on how
to insert jscommunicator into the xTuple web app as an optional feature.
Another good thing was that I got to document the procedure for extending
an existing xTuple business object in a tutorial:
http://julianalouback.com/tech/2014/07/25/extending-an-xtuple-business-object/

Some folks from the xTuple community have already checked out the tutorial
and seem pretty happy about it. I will continue documenting the
jscommunicator integration as it will be an excellent guide to future
integrations.