[Soc-coordination] Status Report: ListArchive - week 2

Pali Rohár pali.rohar at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 07:56:22 UTC 2014

Hello,

this week I looked at some debian mbox archives which I got from
my mentor. I found more problems in my program which caused
incorrect parsing of mbox files (parsing problems when unknown or
stupid values was in Content-Transfer-Encoding header or
whitespace name in From) and more serious problem that external
module which I was using causing total freeze of program
(infinite loop). I fixed parsing problems, so my program should
interpret data from mbox/mime emails better and also contacted
maintainer of that problematic perl module. As maintainer is on
vacation now, he cannot look at it yet. My mentor recommended me
another perl module which he already tested on debian archives.
So I rewrote code to use that module and my program now can read
& parse all emails in debian-devel mbox archives which I have (at
least I do not see crash, fatal errors infinite loops or damaged
output data).

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar at gmail.com