[Soc-coordination] Status Report of Improve Debian Port on Mips64el, Week 3

Sphinx Jiang yishanj13 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 05:08:56 UTC 2014

Hi,

In the third week I started to fix some packages which failed by lacking
mips64 support.

# 750807 trafficserver: support for mips64
The trafficserver package has good mips support by the patch submitted with
bug 743395. But it could not support mips64 device. The reason turn out to
be the source code do not support. So I submitted a patch to solve the
problem, and it build sucessfully, start normally, basic function sound on
the mips64el.

# 750566 binutils: the mips64-default-n64 patch needs an update for the
trunk
The old mips64-default-n64 patch is to solve the problem when the target
is mips64el-linux-gnuabi64, ld etc still assume the default binary format
is n32. But disabled for the new trunk 2.24.51.20140604-2. The reason
turned out is target compatible problem, so I submit a patch tested on
mips64el.

# 746824 aptitude: ftbfs with GCC-4.9
aptitude is wrote in c++, the bug it caused by GCC-4.9 syntax rules update,
with three announced but unused functions, and a private temple used in
test case. When dealing with it, a patch was submit by others, I could not
find better solution. So I tested it on mips64el, amd64, i386 port to make
sure it build successfully.

And since trafficserver released new version 4.2.1 by upstream, I updated
the package to 4.2.1.

It could build successfully with the nocheck option, else it will be stuck
at the check part for hours. The deb package could be installed and after
install it could start. Attached are the dsc and  debian.tar.az file. And
also update the mips64 support for this new version. Since the check
problem and some not nice changes, I will submit the new package later.

The next week I will work on bootstrap ghc and eglibc, and polish the
trafficserver new version.

Thanks