[Soc-coordination] debmetrics week 4 status report

Joseph Bisch joseph.bisch at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 16:14:02 UTC 2014

Hello,

This week I improved the gitignore so that files in the models
directory are not tracked. That is because the models are
autogenerated by a makefile, so they should not be in the repository.
I changed the way timestamp values are formatted for the graphing
library. I wrote headers to stdout for the ircbots pull script. I
added an override_ts key to the manifest and made changes to how the
orm code is generated based on that key. Override_ts will override the
generation of a timeseries graph for data that does not make sense as
timeseries, like releases. I added the graph_type key to the manifest.
The graph_type key will allow you to specify whether the graph to be
generated automatically is line, histogram, etc. I added a function to
generate tables. I added python-crontab to requirements. I merged
graph_runner into pull_runner. I renamed ircbots to package_stats. I
made the error messages in pull_runner more verbose. I added a header,
footer, and contact page to the website. I started making the
transition to SQLAlchemy instead of psycopg2 in pull_runner. I fixed
the path to pull_runner in the crontab file. I made the table be
generated by default. I added a test for pull runner.

Since my last email, debmetrics became available at
metrics.debian.net. Right now there is not much to see. I hope by the
end of next week to have finished the transition to SQLAlchemy so that
the pull_runner runs again, so that the tables can be generated and
displayed.

Next week I intend to finish the transition to SQLAlchemy for database
input and retrieval in pull_runner. I will continue to implement
tests, finishing up the test for pull_runner and adding tests for the
other files. I intend to add docstrings to the tests so that they will
be displayed by nose. I will add tests other than just ones that test
for equality. I will look at the coverage parts of nose, so that I
know what functions I need to still implement tests for.

Joseph