[Soc-coordination] Mentoring: what next?

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.com.au
Sat Mar 8 17:39:45 UTC 2014

On 08/03/14 18:31, beuc at debian.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I submitted a project proposal [1] in the wiki a while ago but I
> haven't seen any news.
>
> Apparently we were selected as a mentoring organization, but the wiki
> is out of date and I don't know if there's anything I should do to
> promote the proposal, etc..

In the current phase, we need to find potential students and extra
co-mentors through any and all means at our disposal.  Before 20 March,
the students wanting your project must have created an application on
google-melange.com (this is a mandatory deadline) and should have also
created their wiki page on wiki.debian.org

At some point, Google will then confirm exactly how many of the projects
will be funded (last year I think Debian requested 17 slots and got
funding for 16) but we don't know that until Google confirms it.