[Soc-coordination] Fwd: Interested in working for AppStream/DEP-11 for the Debian Archive

Matthias Klumpp mak at debian.org
Mon Mar 10 09:45:35 UTC 2014

<abhishek.bhattacharjee11 at gmail.com>:
> Hi Matthias,
>
>>> [0]: https://ftp-master.debian.org/#dak
>>> [1]:
>>> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/app-install-data.git;a=tree;f=tools;hb=HEAD
>>> [2]: https://wiki.debian.org/DEP-11
>>> [3]: http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Distributions/AppStream/
>>> [4]: http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/appdata/
>>> [5]:
>>> http://blog.tenstral.net/2014/02/appstreamlistaller-fosdem-slides.html
>>>

> As per your suggestions I have looked into the following links.
> I have setup dak.
Impressive! Have you tried if it works, by manually processing a
Debian package? (Just build e.g. GNU Hello and sign it with your key)

> Looked into the app-install-data/tools code.
> I have read the DEP-11 draft and the other links. I now have a better
> understanding of what the project aims to do.
> What do you suggest me to do next ?
Contact me on IRC, if you have questions ;-) You can also try to
adjust the app-install-data script to return a DEP-11-YAML file, if
you want.
Also, don't forget to submit your application[1] in time ;-)
Cheers,
    Matthias

[1]: https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2014/StudentApplications