[Soc-coordination] [GSoC Students] [DebConf] Please register *now* if you want to go to DebConf

Nicolas Dandrimont olasd at debian.org
Mon May 12 17:14:43 UTC 2014

Hi,

As was discussed previously, we encourage our GSoC students to attend DebConf.
To that end, we engaged with the DebConf team regarding food+accomodation
sponsorship for GSoC students.

The outcome of that discussion is that, as this year's schedules are matching,
GSoC students should just register for sponsored food and accomodation as every
other Debian contributor, before the normal deadline of May 15th.

So: please go to https://summit.debconf.org/debconf14/registration/ to register.

If you miss the deadline, you won't be eligible for food and accomodation
sponsoring. Sorry for the short notice.

There, you should tick the sponsored food + accomodation checkboxes. The travel
fare sponsorship will be taken care of, by ourselves (GSoC admins), separately,
so you shouldn't check that box. In the textboxes, just describe your
situation: you're a GSoC student selected by Debian, you're working on this and
that project with your mentor. This should just be a formality.

Make sure you tell Sylvestre and myself when you have registered on the DebConf
website, so that we can get back to you regarding the reimbursement of your
travel expenses.

Thanks,
--
Nicolas Dandrimont