[Soc-coordination] [GSoC] Report 1: Java Project Dependency Builder

Andrew Schurman arcticwaters at gmail.com
Sat May 24 05:03:12 UTC 2014

Hello Folks,

This is my first official report for the Google Summer of Code about my
project on recursively building dependencies of java projects. More details
can be found on my project proposal page [1]. For those unaware, you can
expect to hear from me once a week throughout the summer detailing my
progress.

This first week I haven't been up to too much in terms of coding, but have
started to pour the foundation for the project. I've also setup a wiki page
[2] to track progress and spit out some design problems and solutions. High
level problems will likely be discussed on the debian-java mailing list and
cross-posted on that page.

The source repository and coding standards (checkstyle, pmd, etc.) have
also been setup [3] (link also found in [2]) which should have content
pushed sometime next week. Late in the week, I started to investigate the
Maven 3 APIs to find the best way to resolve metadata from a Maven
repository. I also took some time to setup testing infrastructure which
will be used to verify that the project works (testing maven plugins is not
always straight forward, especially when requiring Maven APIs). It also
helps to see the Maven APIs in action to see what's possible.

That's all for now folks. You can expect to see more from me next week.

Cheers,
Andrew

[1]
https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2014/StudentApplications/AndrewSchurman