[Soc-coordination] Gustavo Alkmim - Report 7 - Improve Debian port on mipsel

Gustavo Alkmim galkmim at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 09:15:02 UTC 2015

Hello,

I'm working on the project "Improve one of the Debian MIPS ports" [0]. In
few words, the objective of this project is to fix broken packages of
Debian port on mipsel, so that the quality of debian in these architectures
can be improved.

An online repository with all the relevant files of the project can be
found here [1].

Below is a summary of the current status of each bug:

   - Bug #788680 [2] for package openni version 1.5.4.0-12: Maintainer
   asked me to clean up the patch. I will work on this next week.

   - Bug #789881 [3] for package z3 version 4.4.0-1. During the
   dh_auto_build, the header emmintrin.h is not being find. The bug was
   solved and closed by the maintainer.

   - Bug #790327 [4] for package openturns version 1.5-7: The package is
   not being built due to a restriction on debian/rules that packages with 1GB
   should not built on mips/mipsel. I tried to build the package without this
   restriction and adding a lot of swap.  I was able to build it without
   problems. Patch was send on message [5], and is available in [6]. Waiting
   for the maintainer's answer.

   - Bug #788801 [7] for package dolfin version 1.5.0-4: The package was no
   being built due to gcc bugs. The bug on gcc was fixed on the repository. I
   checked and dolfin is building again. Recommendation to trigger the build
   again was sent on message [8]. Waiting for the maintainer's answer.

According to the original schedule [0] this week was to focus on fixing
bugs. So, we are up-to-date with the schedule.

Next week:
   - Ask maintainers about bugs #788680, #790327 and #788801 .
   - Open new bugs for still broken packages.

Cheers,

Gustavo Alkmim

[0]
https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2015/StudentApplications/GustavoAlkmim