[Soc-coordination] Gustavo Alkmim - Report 9 - Improve Debian port on mipsel

Gustavo Alkmim galkmim at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 04:41:09 UTC 2015

Hello,

I'm working on the project "Improve one of the Debian MIPS ports" [0]. In
few words, the objective of this project is to fix broken packages of
Debian port on mipsel, so that the quality of debian in these architectures
can be improved.

An online repository with all the relevant files of the project can be
found here [1].

Below is a summary of the current status of each bug:

   - Bug #788680 [2] for package openni version 1.5.4.0-12: Maintainer
   asked me to clean up the patch. I cleaned it up. Sent the final version of
   the patch on the bug thread on message [3].

   - Bug #790327 [4] for package openturns version 1.5-7: I sent a message
   on the bug thread asking the maintainers to review my patch. The message is
   in [5]. No answer yet.

   - Bug #788801 [6] for package dolfin version 1.5.0-4: I asked to
   give-back dolfin on mipsel. It is building ok now. The maintainers did not
   close the bug yet.

   - Opened bug #793147 [7] for package rustc version 1.1.0+dfsg1-1: The
   build failed because the mips architecture is not implemented yet. The
   maintainer said it is not worth to work on this and exclude the mips from
   the arch list. Bug was closed on message [8].

   - Bug #789619 [9] for package plplot version 5.10.0+dfsg-1: The building
   is failing because of tome problem on the cmake script. I had no success on
   fixing this yet. Still working on a solution. I'm checking at the upstream
   sources. It seems that they made some improvements on the use of cmake.

According to the original schedule [0] this week was to focus on fixing
bugs. So, we are up-to-date with the schedule.

Next week:
   - Ask maintainers about bugs #788680, #790327 and #788801 .
   - Work on bug #789619
   - Open new bugs for still broken packages.

Cheers,

Gustavo Alkmim

[0]
https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2015/StudentApplications/GustavoAlkmim