[Soc-coordination] GSoC 2015 Week 9 Report: Android Tools in Debian

Komal Sukhani komaldsukhani at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 18:38:53 UTC 2015

This I have continued with packaging of SDK tools.

This week I have update Proguard package to version 5.2.1 which is required
by
Gradle Plugin. The package is under review of mentors which could be found
here
          https://github.com/komalsukhani/deb-proguard

I have also found new dependency of Android Gradle Plugin on Jack and Jill
api.
We had two options either to package Jack and Jill or to remove dependency
on
it. The upstream repository for Jack and Jill contained totally different
branches
and tags compared to branches of other build tools and there is no
documentation
for those tags. So I created patches to remove dependency over it.

I have tried to disable building of Lint tool under multi-project gradle
build, as the
tool is rarely used. But later I found that Android Gradle plugin has
compile time
dependency over it. The dependency could not be removed due to integration
of
lint tool with Gradle Plugin. The tool has dependency on lombok-ast which
is not
available in Debian and currently I am working on it.