[Soc-coordination] Debile weekly report (week 3)

Lucas Kanashiro kanashiro.duarte at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 17:05:27 UTC 2015

Hi,

My mentor and I made some changes in what I said that was the plan of this
week.

In the begin of week I needed to make some changes in my JSHint patch
because it was breaking our continuous integration, and I made some
progress removing some bad smells in debile source code.

The rest of the week I worked in update of our test environment [1] (future
production environment), this environment is unavailable for now. I tried
to set up the two new checkers (Pylint and JSHint) that I developed in this
gsoc, for this i needed to study Salt (the tool used for manage all the 17
servers) and made some changes in configuration files to accept the new
checkers. To do it we needed to update somethings in servers configuration
and because of this it is not complete yet.

Another problem that I had was the JSHint installation. We prefer not to
install JSHint via npm, but exists some problems with JSHint license (JSON
evil license [2]) that is DFSG incompatible and cannot enter in Debian main
archive. So, we are thinking if we package it and upload it in non-free
archive for now (we didn't decide yet) while this issue [3] is opened.

Next week, I intend to finish this update in our test environment and debug
if exist any issue in new checkers (locally everything works). After these,
I'll work on per maintainer and per analyzer visualizations in debile-web.

[1] http://debile.debian.net/
[2] https://wiki.debian.org/DFSGLicenses#JSON_evil_license
[3] https://github.com/jshint/jshint/issues/1234

Cheers,