[Soc-coordination] Debsources as a platform weekly report #3
orestis at oioannou.com
Sun Jun 14 12:09:04 UTC 2015
This is my #3 weekly report on my Summer of Code project 'Debsources as
You can view commits on alioth  or pull requests on github .
Kanban board with my per week tasks is available on trello .
I merged the work from last week for rendering machine readable licenses
and a new work for the api file-by-file search using a checksum or a
file name and package. Two more PRs pending review, one for the doc of
the batch api and one for the views for the checksum and
After some helpful advice from my mentors I commited some modifications
and the PR got merged. This work is not yet deployed so unfortunately
you can't observe the rendering just yet.
After working on the api documentation  i started its implementation.
PR#10  contained the code for supporting two different search
patterns. One is by checksum and the other by file name and package. The
api is using as license oracle the d/copyright files to determine the
license of a file in question using the files paragraphs. This work was
recently merged although not deployed.
Checksum - filename/package view
Along with the work on the API I've been working on the view for these
searches. The work is currently under review at the PR#11 .
Besides the file-by-file api there will be another api functionnality.
If a user has a list of checksums (or source files to calculate them)
then instead of requesting the api one by one s.he will send the list of
checksums to the api and receive a response for all of them at once. The
documentation for this API is available at PR#12 .
Main goal for the next week is merging the open PRs and getting ready
the code for the batch api. In between I'll deal with some bugs we found
while testing the previously merged work.
Thanks for reading,
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the Soc-coordination