[Soc-coordination] weeklu report 4: improve the debian port mipsel

Arturo Borrero Gonzalez arturo.borrero.glez at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 12:34:49 UTC 2015

# GSoC 2015 week 4 report: Improve the Debian port mipsel

This week I've been working in these packages:

 * libuv [1]
 * libspiro [2]
 * node-raptor [3]
 * parafly [4]
 * moarvm [5]
 * ncl [6]

[1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=libuv&arch=mipsel&ver=0.10.36-1&stamp=1430177717
[2] https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=libspiro&arch=mipsel&ver=1%3A0.3.20150131-2&stamp=1430325106
[3] https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=node-raptor&arch=mipsel&ver=0~0git20130108-1&stamp=1376446961
[4] https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=parafly&arch=mipsel&ver=0.0.2013.01.21-1&stamp=1432719507
[5] https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=moarvm&arch=mipsel&ver=2015.04-1&stamp=1434313323
[6] https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=ncl&arch=mipsel&ver=6.2.0-3&stamp=1413010327

## libuv

Bug #788795 [7] was closed by the maintainer, and the issue seems now
OK on mipsel [8].

[7] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=788795
[8] https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=libuv

## libspiro

This week I've been working with upstream to address the issue, which
seems solved in their latest HEAD.
I opened a Debian bug #789012 [9] tagged patch.

[9] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=789012

## node-raptor

I've contacted both node-raptor [10] and node-gyp [11] upstream
developers asking for help.
I fear that node-raptor is dead upstream: no activity in more than a year.

The fact is that I have a temptative patch, it seems to solve the
original issue but leads
to another one.

[10] https://github.com/0xfeedface/node_raptor/issues/15
[11] https://github.com/TooTallNate/node-gyp/issues/646

## parafly

There seem to be a bug already opened [12]. I've succefully reproduced
the issue locally
and I am working towards a patch.

[12] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=786995

## moarvm

It seems there is no easy solution for this package right now.
I opened Debian bug #789187 [13]. Maintainer suggests to exlude moarvm
from mispel.

[13] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=789187

## nlc

In talks with upstream developers to address the issue.

## elinux.org ci20 debian jessie

There is the pending task of updating elinux.org [14] regarding the problems
found in the ci20 when upgrading debian 7 wheezy to debian 8 jessie.

Doing upgrade tests clashes with my work on packages, so I proposed to my mentor
(Anibal) the idea of wait a bit more before doing this task.

[14] http://elinux.org/CI20_Distros#Upgrading_to_Debian_8_.2F_Jessie

--
Arturo Borrero González