[Soc-coordination] GSoC 2015 week 5 report: Improve the Debian port mipsel

Arturo Borrero Gonzalez arturo.borrero.glez at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 18:38:43 UTC 2015

# GSoC 2015 week 5 report: Improve the Debian port mipsel

This week I've been working in these packages:
 * parafly [1]
 * lierolibre [2]
 * moarvm [3]
 * cde [4]
 * ncl [5]
 * node-raptor [6]
 * capnproto [7]
 * sdrangelove [8]
 * memtailor [9]

[1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=parafly&arch=mipsel&ver=0.0.2013.01.21-1&stamp=1432719507
[2] https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=lierolibre&arch=mipsel&ver=0.5-1&stamp=1355068845
[3] Package was excluded from mipsel, no buildd info
[4] https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=cde&arch=mipsel&ver=0.1%2Bgit9-g551e54d-1&stamp=1384849519
[5] https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=ncl&arch=mipsel&ver=6.3.0-2&stamp=1434927730
[6] https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=node-raptor&arch=mipsel&ver=0~0git20130108-1&stamp=1376446961
[7] https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=capnproto&arch=mipsel&ver=0.5.2-2&stamp=1431255347
[8] https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=sdrangelove&arch=mipsel&ver=0.0.1.20140824-1&stamp=1410582994
[9] https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=memtailor&arch=mipsel&ver=1.0~git20130809-3&stamp=1434751213

## parafly

Sent a patch for bug #786995 [10]. NMU candidate.

[10] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=786995

## lierolibre

Sent a patch, bug #790363 [11]. NMU candidate.

[11] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=790363

## cde

It seems upstream doesn't support other arches apart of amd64/i386.
There has been some conversation regarding this at bug #668121 [12].
No commits happened upstream since early 2013, dead upstream?

Anyway, I reproduced the issue locally and I'm evaluating a fix.
The package seems in very bad shape :-(

Contacted upstream. Anibal suggest looking at other distros: I did it
with no results.

[12] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=668121

## moarvm

Maintainer uploaded moarvm without mipsel support [13].
Later, upstream added support for libffi which should make moarvm
build on mipsel. We keep working at bug #789187 [14] (even if already closed).

[13] https://tracker.debian.org/news/691954
[14] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=789187

## nlc

I keep working on this package. I recently opened bug #789817 [15].
This package is huge and complex, my work here is slow.

[15] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=789817

## node-raptor

No news this week for this package from previous report.
I asked upstream [16][17] for help, but no answer so far.

[16] https://github.com/0xfeedface/node_raptor/issues/15
[17] https://github.com/TooTallNate/node-gyp/issues/646

## capnproto

Looking at buildd, it seems code builds OK, but the embedded tests-suite fails.
A related bug is already opened: #781443 [18].

I was unable to reproduce the issue locally in my ci20. The package
builds fine here.
So, more investigation is required.

[18] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=781443

## sdrangelove

I've contacted upstream and I'm working towards a fix, have a temptative
patch which leads to another error.

## memtailor

buildd says: Some symbols or patterns disappeared in the symbols file.
There is a related bug report: #788245 [20].

However, I was unable to reproduce the issue locally. The package

[20] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=788245
--
Arturo Borrero González