[Soc-coordination] GSoC student, interested in a project from 2014

Joseph Bisch joseph.bisch at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 21:32:34 UTC 2015

Hi,

Just by chance I happened to be reading the soc-coordination list
archives and I saw your email. I am the student that worked on the
metrics portal last year. It's great that you are interested in that
project. Unfortunately it seems like it is too late to make it a
formal project for GSoC and have you apply to it for this year just
because registration already closed. You are still welcome to help
with the metrics portal if you want.

The code is available on git.debian.org[0]. And there is an instance I
run at metrics.debian.net. As you can see, there is a lot that can be
improved. I haven't gotten around to doing much work on the metrics
portal since GSoC ended.

Let me know if you want me to get you set up to contribute to the
metrics portal. You can always contact me in the future if you want to
help out, but aren't able to right now. As a fellow student, I
understand if you can't work on this right now because you need
something that pays.

Please make sure you reply to me too (not just the list), because I am
not subscribed to the list. Actually, you could probably just reply to
me, because discussion of the metrics portal isn't really relevant to
this list.

[0] - http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/qa/debmetrics.git/

Cheers,
Joseph