[Soc-coordination] [GSoC Students and Mentors] Start of the coding period: reports, blogs!

Nicolas Dandrimont olasd at debian.org
Tue May 26 09:55:26 UTC 2015

Hi all,

The coding period has started! That means that from now on, we (program
administrators) expect from you (students) a weekly report of your activities.

We would like the reports to be sent on the weekend (Saturday or Sunday).

No need to go into the minutiae of all the changes you have done over the week,
two or three paragraphs are enough. However, we expect you to tell us what
you've done for the week (please point to your repository, your documentation,
...), what you intend to do the following week, and how that compares with your
original plan. This helps us (admins) know whether everything is under control
for your internship, and avoids surprises :)

Now that you are a part of the Debian community, I would also love to syndicate
your blogs (well, if you have one) on planet.debian.org. To do so, please point
me to an English-language-only RSS or Atom feed, and a Hackergotchi (if you
want to have one) and I'll get it syndicated. More info :
https://wiki.debian.org/PlanetDebian

Enjoy your summer with us!
--
Nicolas Dandrimont

"I once witnessed a long-winded, month-long flamewar over the use of
mice vs. trackballs...It was very silly."
(By Matt Welsh)