[Surfraw-devel] broken elvi, broken list?

Ian Beckwith ianb@nessie.mcc.ac.uk
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 02:30:06 +0000

Hi.

First of all, is anyone getting these messages? I'm starting to
get paranoid. Please let me know if you receive this.

I noticed that the debcontents elvi was broken, which encouraged
me to check all the others. There were quite a few problems.

I've fixed altavista, debcontents, excite, jake, scaleplus, slinuxdoc,
sundocs, swhois and translate, mostly trivial url changes.

debcontents no longer accepts "all" as a valid distro name,
so I've changed the variable names to SURFRAW_debcontents_* from
SURFRAW_debian_*, as it no longer accepts the same range of values for
options as debpackages does.

I've removed appwatch, ftpsearch, ftpfind and raging, as the sites
they access no longer exist. The standard pattern appears to be:

site set up by volunteers -> site bought by big search engine ->
big search engine gets bored of running it and shuts it down.

I can't check woffle without installing wwwoffle, which I might do if
I'm bored.

currency and xxx look like they've never worked, I'll come back to
them, they both need tons of options implementing.

I've also applied these fixes to the NAMESPACE branch.

Ian.