[Surfraw-devel] 2.1.6 ready for upload, now has test suite

Ian Beckwith ianb at nessie.mcc.ac.uk
Sat Jun 30 22:15:34 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I've written a test suite for surfraw, fixed the broken elvi I found,
and made a few other little fixes. New changelog entries:

  * Fixed elvi:
    + amazon      - fixed example usage.
    + cia         - switched to https.
    + cite        - fixed URL and options.
    + debpackages - updated ubuntu distro names.
    + debcontents - updated ubuntu distro names.
    + freebsd     - fixed help formatting.
    + netbsd      - fixed mailing list searches.
    + openbsd     - fixed PR search URL.
    + slinuxdoc   - fixed URLs.
    + sundocs     - fixed URLs.
    + woffle      - updated URLs to match woffle 2.9a.
  * Removed elvi: jake - site shut down January 2007.
  * Implemented test suite - 'make test' or see test/README.
  * Fixed make distcheck.
  * Updated to automake 1.10.
  * debian/rules: stopped ignoring return code of 'make distclean'.
  * Updated Copyright dates to 2007.

As I write, cnn have broken their website search for the second time
in 3 days and the discogs site is being flaky and occasionally fails.

Search on lists.debian.org has been broken for at least the last
4-5 days. I've filed a bug on listarchives (#431028), and tried
to write blind a test that will succeed when it is back up (I search
debian-security-announce for SECURITY and search the response for the
string DSA).

The woffle test requires some set up (it needs a wwwoffled running on
localhost), see test/README.

I've generally only written one test per elvi, except when it can
search multiple sites (eg debpackages searches debian and ubuntu).
Anyone who is bored is welcome to write more tests (they are easy),
testing specific options, etc.

Moritz: if you are still having a problem with CVS, I've put a package
at http://nessie.mcc.ac.uk/~ianb/debian/surfraw_2.1.6.dsc

cheers,

Ian.

PS I've just discovered CVS doesn't preserve permissions of files, so
you may need to do chmod +x elvi/* to run the versions of the elvi
from the source tree.

--
Ian Beckwith - ianb at nessie.mcc.ac.uk - http://nessie.mcc.ac.uk/~ianb/
GPG fingerprint: AF6C C0F1 1E74 424B BCD5  4814 40EC C154 A8BA C1EA