[Surfraw-devel] surfraw 2.2.1 release candidate

Ian Beckwith ianb at erislabs.net
Thu Feb 14 05:11:01 UTC 2008

Hi folks,

I've just committed a new release of surfraw to CVS.

The only outstanding issue is the port elvis. The site that it
searches has taken the info down. I've contacted the site owner and
I'm probably going to host the info on my own site. When this is
resolved I'll fix (or remove) the port elvis, then make the release.

Please test the version in CVS and let me know if there are any
problems.

Upstream ChangeLog:

2008-02-11  Ian Beckwith  <ianb at erislabs.net>

	* New elvis: sunonesearch (replaces sunsolve).
	* surfraw.IN, rfc: remove bashisms.
	* cnn: fixed url.
	* debcontents: updated ubuntu distribution.
	* deblists: rewrote for new search interface.
	* debpackages: updated debian url.
	* genpkg: as straight search has gone, we now go to
	  packages.gentoo.org/packages/<arg>.
	* yubnub: disable requoting (thanks to Nathaniel Heinrichs).
	* sunsolve: removed, replaced by sunonesearch.
	* cddb, freebsd, pgpkeys, w3link, webster, ebay(cn): fixed tests.
	* surfraw.1.IN, elvi.1sr.IN: properly quote hyphens.
	* Updated my email address.

2007-10-06  Ian Beckwith  <ianb at nessie.mcc.ac.uk>

	* Added SURFRAW_lang variable to set default country/language.
	  Affected elvi: amazon, bbcnews, ebay, ixquick, leodict,
	  opensearch, translate, wetandwild, wikipedia.
	  Thanks to Simon Ernst for the idea.
	* surfraw.IN (w3_url_escape): fix quoting of single quote.
	  Thanks to Alexander Becher for the patch.
	* New elvis: lsm - search the Linux Software Map.
	* fsfdir: fixed search URL.
	* amazon, ebay, translate: expanded language/country list.
	* surfraw.lsm.in: fixed syntax of Primary-site.

Debian changelog:

  * New upstream release.
    + bashisms removed (Closes: #465361).
  * debian/rules: move .deb building to binary-indep: target.
  * debian/compat: bump to 6.
  * debian/control:
    + DM-Upload-Allowed: yes merged from Debian-only 2.1.7-1 (see below)
    + Recommends: add elinks | elinks-lite to existing browser alternatives.
    + Uploaders: update my email address.
    + Standards-Version: 3.7.3 (no changes).
    + Build-Depends: Bump debhelper version to >= 6.
    + Vcs-Cvs/Vcs-Browser: remove XS- prefix and -d workaround.
    + Homepage: added.
  * debian/changelog: merged Moritz's debian-only 2.1.7 release changelog.

Ian.

--
Ian Beckwith - ianb at erislabs.net - http://erislabs.net/ianb/
GPG fingerprint: AF6C C0F1 1E74 424B BCD5  4814 40EC C154 A8BA C1EA