[Surfraw-devel] Bookmark question

Ian Beckwith ianb at erislabs.net
Sun Oct 18 05:00:39 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 01:53:27AM +0200, Sumant Oemrawsingh wrote:
> Hey all,

Hi,

Sorry again about the delay replying, unexpectedly hectic week.

> I have a quick question regarding the bookmark "file format". I understand
> that the first word is the shortcut while the second "word" is the url. Does
> this guarantee (until eternity so to speak) that surfraw will not use the
> information after the url?

Well, I can't speak for eternity (alas), but there are no plans to do so.

> I was thinking of putting either the page title of the url or tags there, for
> use with other programmes. No use keeping multiple bookmark files!

Fine. Maybe surfraw could use this info too. Tags search?
As long as nothing breaks existing bookmark files, go wild...

Incidently, if you have any useful code or docs for integrating surfraw
with uzbl, I'll happily ship it with surfraw, even if it is only in an
examples/ or contrib/ directory.

Ian.

--
Ian Beckwith - ianb at erislabs.net - http://erislabs.net/ianb/
GPG fingerprint: AF6C C0F1 1E74 424B BCD5  4814 40EC C154 A8BA C1EA