[Surfraw-devel] bbcnews elvi patch

James Rowe jnrowe at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 16:18:51 UTC 2010

* Sumant Oemrawsingh (soemraws at xs4all.nl) wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 09:27:00AM +0000, James Rowe wrote:
> >   Using "git send-email" or "git format-patch" would make it much quicker to
> > apply patches for someone with commit access.  It also makes it easier to give
> > you the Author attribution in log output, without having to fiddle with
> > --author.
>
> Sorry about that. I use git very rarely to remember what to do again, and git
> diff worked :) Also, I'm still very much a git noob.

  Just to clarify, all patches are good!  It is just that git has some
really nice functionality in the shape of "git am" for the applying the
output of format-patch or send-email.

> >   I've attached a different patch that makes use of the new search functionality
> > on the site.  I haven't committed it yet as I'd like to hear if people prefer
> > the inclusion of non-news results in the output, which is what the current elvi
> > is giving us despite its name.
>
> I'll try it out. Thanks.

  I've pushed it in to the main repository a few minutes ago.  I guess
it could also support the different search options too, but that can
wait for another patch.

Thanks,

James