[Surfraw-devel] autotools-generated files removed from repo, plus various minor changes

James Rowe jnrowe at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 16:28:41 UTC 2010

Excerpts from Ian Beckwith's message of Tue Mar 02 04:32:56 +0000 2010:
> Files generated by autotools are not longer kept in the git repository.

  Thanks for making this change, I can purge my mind of the ugly hoops
I had to jump through a couple of weeks ago now :)

> ./prebuild tries to be smart about the version of aclocal, automake &
> autoconf to run, but at the moment only knows about the debian naming
> conventions for distinguishing version. Info/patches on how other
> distributions work are welcome. If specific versions aren't found,
> it falls back to the generic names, so hopefully will still work on
> non-debian systems.

  It works fine on my gentoo system, the autoreconf wrapper honours the
AUTOMAKE variable.  Calling autoreconf without a version suffix just
uses the latest installed autoconf version, for me that is currently
2.63.

>     * Lower required automake version to 1.10.

  That's my arch's currently stable version on gentoo, so thanks.
--
Thanks,

James