[Surfraw-devel] surfraw plugin for pentadactyl/firefox

Stephen Blott smblott at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 05:53:25 UTC 2011

Now, this may be somewhat contrary to the independent spirit of surfraw,
but ...

I have written a pentadactyl/firefox plugin for surfraw.  Pentadactyl is
a firefox plugin which provides a vim-like interface to firefox:

   - http://dactyl.sourceforge.net/pentadactyl/

(it's a branch off the vimperator stem).

The surfraw plugin:

   - http://code.google.com/p/dactyl/issues/detail?id=320

adds surfraw commands (with completion) to the pentadactyl command line.

For example:

   :google -l surfraw
   (lookup surfraw on google and go straight there)

   :yubnub random 42
   (have yubnub suggest a random number)

These commands use the underlying surfraw elvi to construct the relevant
URI.

The plugin also provides support for surfraw bookmarks; for example:

   :surfraw rr
   (go directly to the surfraw bookmark for my local rainfall radar site)

Regards,
   Steve