[Surfraw-devel] Previous USEnet threads available from goog, now wants javascript?

Ian Beckwith ianb at erislabs.net
Sun Oct 27 14:39:24 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 09:54:14PM +0200, chris glur wrote:
> just ask the maiList IF they can still get USEnet-threads, like I
> previously could via my minimal-script to google; or if they too are
> now blocked by google's insistence on javascript-enabled?

We use

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=kermit&num=30

to search. This looks like an older interface, that will at least give
you the search results in lynx, but when you click on one it still
requires javascript.

The newer interface is even javascriptier, it has that
annoying #! thing going on.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!search/kermit|sort:date

So, no, basically, no idea sorry.

You could try and find a free NNTP or NNRP server instead.

cheers,

Ian.

--
Ian Beckwith - ianb at erislabs.net - http://erislabs.net/ianb/
GPG fingerprint: AF6C C0F1 1E74 424B BCD5  4814 40EC C154 A8BA C1EA