[Surfraw-devel] surfraw Info

Leonardo Taccari iamleot at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 21:46:54 UTC 2017

Hello Ivan,

Ivan De Felice writes:
> 'm trying recently with Fedora 26 "Surfraw".... But I would like to
> know how to perform the searches in Italian and if there was some
> useful guide to see more quickly the various options!!!!!
> [...]

Most of elvi-s that support languages usually also honors the
`SURFRAW_lang' environment variable so:

 % env SURFRAW_lang=it surfraw wikipedia Fedora

Will search on the Italian Wikipedia for all "Fedora" entries.
You can put in your `~/.profile' or similars in order to not specify
the `-l' option everytime (for Bourne-like shells an `export
SURFRAW_lang=it' in ~/.profile will probably do the trick!).

Regarding an useful guide... IMHO the best introduction to it is the
surfraw's README. I think that on Fedora it's available in
`/usr/share/doc/surfraw/README'.

Apart the man page, also `surfraw -help' and `surfraw elvi -lh' are very
handy, e.g. to get all the options available for the `wikipedia' elvi:

 % surfraw wikipedia -lh

Have fun!