[Surfraw-devel] surfraw-update-path bug

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Mon May 21 19:11:57 BST 2018

This probably effects the entire surfraw package but was found here on
panix.com when I tried to use surfraw-update-path and got perl bad
interpreter back as an error.  One of the system administrators wrote me
and let me know surfraw-update-path didn't have #!/usr/bin/env perl as its
first line which is why I got the bad interpreter error back.  Not all
systems have perl in /usr/bin and panix.com is one of them.
On my home system I tried updating the binary using env and env apparently
couldn't find perl for whatever reason.  I did include the -w switch after
surfraw-update-path too.
I am curious, could a perl program be written such that if /usr/bin/perl
isn't found it tries /usr/bin/env perl before giving up?