[Surfraw-devel] Unexplained bash completions installation option removal

Gabriel Lisaca gabriel.lisaca at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 11:23:57 GMT 2019

Hi,

What is the reason for the removal of the option to install bash
completions introduced in commit
`8b7e1d1f4f63d07370953ffc3abe492f943c90a2` (which is tagged
`surfraw-2.3.0`) with the release of surfraw 2.3.0?

I can't seem to find any discussion around the removal in the mailing
list from around the date, and seems to be rather unusual given that
"ng0's patch to include bash completions" was two commits
(ad8e7d2547b2263992afff2f14eef45bac0afe9c) before the offending commit.

I was working on allowing bash completions to be installed a few months
ago, but found out that it was previously permitted and removed without
notice.

Thanks,
Gabriel