[Surfraw-devel] Surfraw elvi generator

Gabriel Lisaca gabriel.lisaca at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 04:00:52 GMT 2019

Hello,

I've been writing a program to generate surfraw elvi based on a
higher-level description. Currently, it only takes this from command
line arguments, but could feasibly be extended to json parsed from a file.

As part of this, I wanted to make the process of generating elvi that
follow common conventions easy, but I'm not particularly sure what the
conventions--if any--are.

So my question is: what are some commonly-used options for elvi and
their associated semantics? I've seen -search=CATEGORY been used by a
few elvi, which corresponds to a category to search under, but I've also
seen equivalent options like -type=SEARCH be used, such as in the github
elvis.

Thanks,
Gabriel