[Syslog-ng-maintainers] Status report

Attila SZALAY sasa at debian.org
Sat Sep 12 19:53:16 BST 2015

Hi All,

I do not know who is on the other side of this email address. Hopefully
algernon, gcs and myself. :)

So this is just a quick status report about the syslog-ng packaging work
of me.

As I mentioned earlier I do not like this state when the debian
directory is detached from the upstream. So I started to merge the two.

The import was easy and some work the merge was done too.

I also removed the problematic part of the install guide and the
README.md file.

Right now I'm just facing with an issue with the autoreconf and
automake.

Eh.I mean two.

First:
Makefile.am: error: required file './NEWS' not found
Makefile.am: error: required file './README' not found
Makefile.am: error: required file './ChangeLog' not found

Second:
lib/Makefile.am:2: error: required directory ./lib/ivykis does not exist
Makefile.am:103:   'lib/Makefile.am' included from here
lib/Makefile.am:2: error: required directory ./modules/afamqp/rabbitmq-c
does not exist
Makefile.am:103:   'lib/Makefile.am' included from here
lib/Makefile.am:2: error: required
directory ./modules/afmongodb/libmongo-client does not exist
Makefile.am:103:   'lib/Makefile.am' included from here

I think the second one is the bigger.