[Teammetrics-discuss] A basic (and broken!) mbox filter.

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 12:51:46 UTC 2011

Hi,

> As I said I would like some flexibility in adding / removing certain
> fields which is enabled now with the code I pushed.

Ok.

> Probably you forgot to push this change - it keeps on changing the mbox
> which is just read.  If I try to solve tasks like this I usually do the
> following:

I forgot to push the changes :)

>  input  = argv[1]
>  output = input + '_converted'
>  ifp    = open(input, 'r')
>  ofp    = open(output, 'w')
>
>  for message in all_messages
>     read single message
>     write single message

This is true.

> I wonder why you have choosen to reformat From into
>
>   <username> at <doma.in> (Real Name)
>
> Any reason not to stick to the original format?  I would by all means
> avoid changing the format given in the original mbox.

Because this is the format used by Pipermail mbox archives and
therefore liststat.py :) Also there is nothing to worry about here
because it's just a simple replacement of strings and in fact, because
of this, we are able to detect empty names and email address, which is
an added advantage...