[Teammetrics-discuss] Converter for mboxes (Was: Debian mailing lists archives as mbox)

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 07:42:34 UTC 2011

Hi,

> ./mboxfilter.py:51: Warning: 'with' will become a reserved keyword in Python
> 2.6
>  File "./mboxfilter.py", line 51
>      with open(mbox_file) as f:

This is because I *assumed* you would run this with Python 2.6+. I can
fix this to run with 2.5 also (or just add `from __future__ import
with_statement`) at the top.

> I said you perl would be better.

I don't know Perl at all and Python is the language of the project and
hence this was done in that also. I think we should not make it a Perl
vs Python thing, when I am ready to fix it as you want :)

> P.S. next time you package stuff, please add them them into a directory.
> extracting into the root isn't that nice.

We save the filtered mbox in the directory of the mbox file that was
passed to the script. As nothing was specified to us, we took this
approach. Let me know your preferences and I will add them.

BTW, we have tested the script with Python 2.6.6 and found no problems at all.