[Teammetrics-discuss] Web Parser

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Dec 6 10:00:50 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 11:54:59PM +0530, Sukhbir Singh wrote:
> I am sorry for the many errors but in our case we are dealing with
> data that has no proper defined formatting.

Sure.  I was aware of this from the beginning of the project and I admit
that I did not really assumed that we will be able to replace my hackish
stuff before 2011 ends.  That's no problem.

> And unless we get to the
> error where our parsing has failed, we can never predict what we are
> dealing with. For example, we seem to have there different types of
> 'From' field in the web archives of lists.debian.org:
>
> Name <email>
> Name(email)
> email (Name)
> email <email>
>
> We were getting errors because of this. Now they seem to have been handled.

Fine.

> The connection problem I was telling you about might be an issue local
> to my connection only, so I won't comment on that unless I get the
> same error from blends.
>
> Please don't bother time testing it, I will do that. Once I am sure
> it's ready, I will let you know. It's working for
> `debian-accessibility` if you want to see the results and *should*
> work for other lists also now (I will confirm this soon).

I'd suggest you can straight test it on blends.debian.net.  There is no
need to be afraid to mix something up.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--