[Teammetrics-discuss] Never ending nntpstat problems

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 07:49:26 UTC 2011

Hi,

> The logfile implies that this happens in the mbox parsing phase.

Well, we have hit this before and we know what it is about.

As a suggestion to this, I have a strategy. For the first time the
script runs, we should do it in parts. So once the database is
populated, in the future runs, the script won't consume much memory at
all.

Either we can do the above approach OR we can further try to optimize
the mbox creation. Whatever you seem fit is acceptable to me.

Did you check the data from the web parser? It seems far more
efficient and fast as compared to nntptstat.

--
Sukhbir