[Teammetrics-discuss] Getting the message body from NNTP.

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Mon Jul 4 06:08:13 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 04, 2011 at 09:18:42AM +0530, Sukhbir Singh wrote:

> > I would regard it as important to have a single and consistent configuration
> > file where the user does not need to have specific knowledge what server is
> > behind a specific URL.
>
> Argh! I had separated the configuration file in my local copy because
> the lists on lists.debian.org are different from the Pipermail based
> archives. I am going to have to find a workaround.

I'd like to give reasons for something which makes extra work:  IMHO the
fact that these lists are (currently) handled differently from a
technical point of view should be hidden from the user because he should
not be forced to understand those issues.  It is way simpler to just put
one URL to a single config file.

Moreover, in case we finally might get mbox files the differenciation
becomes void.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--