[Teammetrics-discuss] Git repositories parsing is ready.

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 12:42:28 UTC 2011

Hi,

> whether a project is using SVN or Git.  So having every VCS in one table
> (specifically if we might intend to add other VCSes as well in the far
> future) a single table makes more sense to me.

        Table "public.gitstat"
     Column     |  Type   | Modifiers
----------------+---------+-----------
 project        | text    |
 name           | text    |
 package        | text    |
 changes        | integer |
 lines_inserted | integer |
 lines_deleted  | integer |

I had initially decided to put everything under one relation called
'commitstat'. But as you see the schema for 'gitstat' above, let's
suppose we have this for one relation called 'commitstat' that will
have all VCS. But then for SVN parsing, we are not counting the
'lines_inserted', 'lines_deleted' or 'changes' even! That is why I
thought it to make the VCS distinct. When we have another VCS like hg
for example, we will have a relation _specific_ to that.

Don't worry about management, I am always ready to write extra code if
it keeps it clean :-) But I will do as you say. If you still want to
separate it, let me know but then for some VCS the records will be
blank as is obvious.

As far as the upstream changes are concerned, I am trying to find the
best possible way and will have something soon.

--
Sukhbir