[Teammetrics-discuss] Git repositories parsing is ready.

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Jul 14 07:21:43 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 02:35:52AM +0530, Sukhbir Singh wrote:
> SVN details such as lines added and deleted are possible, updates
> tomorrow. So that is good news.

Yes, this is really good news! :-)

Regarding the Git issue: If we can not solve the problem via user names
I wonder if we can not parse the git log for changes in files matching
'/debian/' and ignore all others.  Well, this involves probably
reimplementing the lines counting algorithm which is not nice.

Other approach: Compare with the names in the carnivore tables of UDD.
Those names are probably not upstream people.  If you ignore people
which are not mentioned in any UDD table (writing the names to a log
file to verify for false hits) it might work as well.

That's all not very nice and hackish. :-(

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de